Curtin Springs Wayside Inn is seeking a full time “Cook” to add to our existing team.
We are located 360km sw of Alice Springs and 100km east of Ayers Rock.
The Cook assists the Head Cook in the day to day delivery and management of the kitchen for staff and customer meals, across the different customer bases, in a way that enhances the customer’s experience, provides a profitable turnover of meals, with meals prepared on time, in compliance with food handling, WHS requirements and the business policies and procedures.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of Cert 111 (Australian recognised)
- Recent and relevant substantial experience, as a cook, in different kitchen settings, meeting different customer needs.
- High level flexibility
- High level English
- High level communication skills
- Strong customer services skills and approach
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedure
- Ability to work independently at a consistently high level
- Willingness to work in a remote location and understand the benefits of remote living.
- Ability to prioritize
- Must be punctual, reliable and willing to be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to prepare menus, prepare meals, portion control, high level foodhandling skills
- Ability to train other staff as required
Meals and accommodation are provided onsite (weekly charge applies).
Position suitable for singles or with a partner who may be able to also obtain work.
This is a long term position and we are seeking applicants who are willing to commit to an extended period of time eg 2 years.
Please send your resume or CV with your qualifications, experience and current work referees to email@example.com
We are looking for an energetic, self motivated and committed station hand to help with our current workplan.
The good rains over the last 12 months have left us with a lot of cattle work to catch up on and lots of infrastructure work to get on with!
Priorities for selection criteria for the Station Hand position are:
- Significant pastoral experience cattle – preferably north Australian cattle (essential)
- Valid manual driver’s license – including HC (essential)
- Minimum of Bobcat, Forklift, Endloader and Grader tickets (essential)
- Welding (arc/mig/oxy) and basic fabrication skills and experience (essential)
- Fencing experience (essential)
- Sound understanding of general vehicle, machinery and equipment maintenance and repairs (essential)
- Be self motivated (essential)
This is a full time, long term position and not suitable for Working Holiday Visa holders.
We have single or double accommodation available. If you are a family with your own accommodation, then we will be happy to consider your application.
We are looking to fill a one person position and full time work is available for a partner in the tourist side of the business.
For your information pack, please contact Lyndee at firstname.lastname@example.org