Curtin Springs Wayside Inn is seeking a full time “Shift Manager” to add to our existing team. Curtin Springs is a diversified multi award winning Tourism and Pastoral Business located 85km East of Ayers Rock or 365km South West of Alice Springs We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual for the position of Shift Manager. Shift times are varied and will include early, evening and split shifts. The Shift Manager is a support and operational position to assist with smooth day to day operations across all aspects of the business, with the focus of the position in the tourism operations. This positions supports, supervises and directs General Support staff as required on a shift basis maintaining priorities as established by senior management.
- Assisting with direct customer service, resolving customer issues, assisting with entry into and maintenance of the integrity of the business systems, responding to enquiries as necessary and assisting senior management with more complicated enquiries, functions and groups.
- Ensuring compliance with various legislative requirements including Workplace safety and food handling, liquor licensing.
- Undertake workplace training including developing and delivering training packages in all areas including customer service, business systems, service delivery, product knowledge. The position also runs staff meetings.
- Supervise and direct line staff as necessary.
- Run tours as part of Curtin Springs Paper and speak confidently to groups.
- Able to be highly adaptable and flexible to pick up and assist in any area at any time when needed – this includes, bar, kitchen, housekeeping, garden, paper and in emergency situations.
- Accurate handling and reconciling of cash and accounts.
- Computer literate with confidence in all Microsoft Office programmes.
Preference will be given to persons holding a Cert IV in Training & Assessment and/or Business, Business Admin or Management qualifications (cert IV level or above). An ideal candidate would also have prior experience with accommodation booking systems and accounting systems. Previous staff management skills essential, along with excellent multi-level communication skills, time management skills in yourself and others, problem solving, attention to detail and ability to work within the framework set by the business. Candidates should be confident in working independently, and with leading a team. This is a long term position. There is also the ability to come with a partner who can also be employed by the business. Please also send through their resume with your application. All staff live on-site. Please send your application to email@example.com
Salary: $64,118.23 /year
Experience: Supervisory role for a minimum of 1 year plus hospitality and/or tourism experience
Curtin Springs is a diversified multi award winning Tourism and Pastoral Business located 85km East of Ayers Rock or 365km South West of Alice Springs.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual for the position Cook to add to our existing team.
The Cook assists the Head Cook in the day to day delivery and management of the kitchen for staff and customers meals, across the different customer bases, in a way that enhances the customer’s experience, provides a profitable turnover of meals, with meals prepared on time, in compliance with food handling and WHS requirements.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of Cert 111 (Australian recognised) in Commercial Cookery
- Substantial experience, as a cook, in different kitchen settings, meeting different customer needs.
- High level flexibility
- High level English
- High level communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedure
- Ability to work independently at a consistently high level
- Willingness to work in a remote location and understand the benefits of remote living.
- Ability to prioritise
- Must be punctual, reliable and willing to be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to prepare menus, prepare meals, portion control, high level food handling skills
- Ability to train other staff as required
Shift times are varied and will include early, evening and split shifts.
This is a long term position. There is also the ability to come with a partner who can also be employed by the business. Please also send through their resume with your application.
All staff live on-site.
Salary: $73,298.99 /year
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an energetic, self motivated and committed station hand to help with our current workplan. The good rains over the last 12 months have left us with a lot of cattle work to catch up on and lots of infrastructure work to get on with! Priorities for selection criteria for the Station Hand position are:
- Significant pastoral experience cattle – preferably north Australian cattle (essential)
- Valid manual driver’s license – including HC (essential)
- Minimum of Bobcat, Forklift, Endloader and Grader tickets (essential)
- Welding (arc/mig/oxy) and basic fabrication skills and experience (essential)
- Fencing experience (essential)
- Sound understanding of general vehicle, machinery and equipment maintenance and repairs (essential)
- Be self motivated (essential)
This is a full time, long term position and not suitable for Working Holiday Visa holders. We have single or double accommodation available. If you are a family with your own accommodation, then we will be happy to consider your application. We are looking to fill a one person position and full time work is available for a partner in the tourist side of the business. For your information pack, please contact Lyndee at email@example.com